One of the two which heard John speak, and followed him, was Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother. He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ. And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him, he said, Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone. The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow me. Now Philip was of Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter. Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph. And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see. John 1:40-46.
The only business that was established by Jesus Christ is the SAVE A SOUL MINISTRY (SASOM). God is the Managing Director, Jesus is the General Manager, Holy Spirit is the Personnel Manager, Man is the Labourer.
Jesus said “For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.” (Luke 19:10). Any Christian who is not working in the save a soul ministry is a dead Christian and will suffer four things:
- Loss of eternity in Heaven (Matt. 5:30)
- Loss of blessings on earth (Matt. 5:28)
- Loss of God’s favour
- Loss of answer to prayer (John 15:16)
It is therefore, A MUST to join this SAVE A SOUL MINISTRY.
We shall discuss this topic under these four subtopics:
- THE SAVIOUR DIED TO SAVE YOU AND I. “For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.” John 19:10. The only Saviour of humanity is Jesus Christ, he died to save every human being. No other person died for the sake of humanity except Jesus. Jesus said in John 15:13 “greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” It should be known that Jesus was arrested, he endured the torture, the crucifixion, the sword by the side and death because he must save us from sin, satan and consequences of sin in hell, to preserve us blameless and rapturable and finally to be citizens of heaven. All these for you and I. Then we have a responsibility to tell others what we are enjoying except you are not genuinely saved.
- THE SAVIOUR DIVINE METHODS TO SAVE YOU AND I. “Ye know that after two days is the feast of the passover, and the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified.” (Matt. 26:2)
- The Betrayal by Judas Iscariot. The first thing was the betrayal by his treasurer. Don’t be surprised if your close friends betray you. It has happened to our Saviour. Matt. 26:47-49.
- The arrest by a great multitude. Jesus went to pray at the garden of Gethsemane and while he prayed Judas and a great multitude came and he was arrested Matt. 26:54-56.
- The Saviour by the Council. Jesus was led to Caiaphas the high priest, where the scribes and elders were assembled. They sought a false witness but found none. But Christ confirmed his mission, as a savior and it was used against him. Matt 26:64-67.
- The Saviour before Pilate. He was taken from Caiaphas high priest to Pontius Pilate the governor who did not find anything against him but presented a criminal to then at the feast and the people said Christ should be crucified but Barabbas a criminal should be released. Matt. 27:22-26.
- The Saviour in the punishment hall. The soldiers took Jesus into the common hall, striped him, put crown of thorns on his head, spat on him, flogged him with lachet 39 times. Matt. 27:27-31
- The Saviour at Golgotha for crucifixion. Jesus was led to Golgothat where he was nailed to the cross, they gave him viniger to drink, pierced his side with sword, blood and water came out, parted his garment and put two criminals on the cross one at his right hand and another at his left hand. Matt 27:32-44.
- The Saviour death and burial. Jesus died after some time on the cross. He was taken down from the cross and buried and a great stone was laid on mouth of the sepulcher. Matt. 27:45-61
- The Saviour Resurrected on the third day. On the third day, Jesus resurrected and appeared unto many people including the disciples and ascended into heaven and promised to come again to take all believers home. Matt 28:1-6
- THE SAVIOUR LAST COMMANDMENT TO SAVE OTHERS. “…Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” Mark 16:15. It is our duty to go and tell other that Jesus is the Saviour and devil is the destroyer. Jesus came to save and to prepare us for heaven and not hell/lake of fire where every sinner and follower of the devil will go. It is written “Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:” Matt. 25:41. Please, we are very close to the time of Jesus second coming, let us tell somebody today about Jesus. If you keep quite you are wicked. Remember, someone told you about Jesus, you too must tell someone now and every time. This is the reason you are living or else you will died the same day you were saved. Remember the story of the Rich man and Lazarus. The rich man died but went to hell, Lazarus died and was found in paradise. The rich man requested that a person be sent to his family to preach to them from heaven, but hear the reply of God through father Abraham to him “… they have Moses, and the prophets, let them hear them” Luke 16:29
You and I are the Moses, prophets of God today. Our assignment is soul winning. We must not delay and fail to tell others everyday. The ways to do it are:
(a) Create time to share your salvation testimony with someone. That is how you were saved. Whom you are before salvation and what you are now. Your blessings as a new creature.
(b) Create time to go for evangelism and soul winning. Use your leisure time, your weekend, your leave period instead of attending party and occasions all the time.
(c) Create time to pray and intercede specifically for souls to be saved, for sinners to turn to Christ and for Jesus to save the unreached. If you cannot go, pray for them. I did that with some brethren while in Yobe state during NYSC and that particular tribe were saved through the salvation of a brother that God saved.
(d) Create a portion of your income for soul winning. Give your money to organize crusade, outreaches, to print tracts, buy materials for the sinners, to sponsor evangelist and missionaries. You will be glad you did.
(e) Create a passion for souls. Translate the passion to action. Read more about soul winning. Do something positive about it now. Remember “And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.” Daniel 12:3.
- THE SAVIOUR’S REWARD FOR SOUL WINNER AND SOUL SAVED. “And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name’s sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.” Matt 19:28-29. Our labour in God is not in vain likewise our salvation is not in vain. We shall have the following rewards (a) Spiritual reward (b) Earthly reward (c) Heavenly reward.
(a) Spiritual reward – The 12 apostles shall sit as judges over others for their special assignment as special agents of change and soul winners. It is a promise that will never fail. Matt. 19:28
(b) Earthly reward – All Christians shall have physical and material gain for serving God. We are not just called to leave all and follow him but greater gain awaits us while on earth here – the Bible calls it hundred fold reward. Matt 19:29a.
(c) Heavenly reward – Eternal and everlasting life in heaven to all Christians. This is the greatest reward. This is the reason why Christ died, to take us to heaven at last instead of lake of fire or hell prepared for the devil, his angels and all sinners. Matt. 19:29b.
CONCLUSION: The devil is winning more souls by using all these methods – internet, telephones, music, entertainment, football, games, lotto, gambles, fashion, money, sickness, fornication, adultery, lies, deceit, immoralities, it doesn’t matter, lukewarmness, economic recession, materialism, politics, culture, tradition, education, philosophy of men, powers of darkness, workers of darkness, spiritual workers of darkness, dressing, etc. The list is endless. Wake-up before our wives, husbands, children, families, friends will be hooked by the enemy call DEVIL.
Once again, use prayer, preach the word and bring them to Jesus via church and God will be joyful, Jesus said “I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, … there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.” Luke 15:7,10. The true mark of a Christian is soul winning.