For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Mark 11:23, Matthew 21:21
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. Mark 11:24, Matt 21:22
The topic before us is Mountain Moving Prayers ie the kinds of prayer that can move away or remove our battles and problems. The unparallel weapon of a real Christian is prayer. This topic is coming at this period of the year because of the revelation received concerning the remaining half of the year; it is revealed that only the prayerful will survive the battles and possess the blessings which are reserved for the last half of this year.
Therefore, fasten your seat belt as we travel to explore and possess the secret of the mountain moving prayers.
- WHAT IS PRAYER? Prayer can simply be defined as the communion and communication between God and human being. It is a communion because it involves a fellowship, relationship and worship. If any of these three is missing is no longer a mountain moving prayer. Are you one of His own sheep? Do you know Him on personal level? Are you having fellowship with Him which means there is a relationship and that brings worship?
Secondly, it is a communication because it involves a hearer and a speaker, whose role can be switched in the course of the communication. Do you know, hear and speak the language God understands? One factor in communication is mutual intelligibility. That is the hearer and speaker understands each other without any barrier. The language of God is basically four:
(a) The language of the heaven or spiritual language which the Holy Spirit gives at baptism of the Holy Ghost.
(b) The language of the Bible or the Word of God which the Holy Spirit inspired in the time past. This you must study daily to know.
( c) The non-verbal language which is sign language which must be understood by daily fellowship in the Holy Spirit with God.
(d) The rhema language. This is the word which is received concerning a matter per time. This also include the word of faith and prophecy.
Do you operate in these ways of communication with God? If not take these steps before you learn the mountain moving prayers.
- WHAT ARE THE STEPS TO COMMUNICATE WITH GOD?
It is a fact that if you don’t know someone number you cannot call him/her. Also, if you don’t have a relationship with someone, your communication will not be smooth. These are the steps:
- Salvation – You must be born-again not church attendee. That you go to church, or have a position or work in church is not the same as salvation. Jesus said in John 10:14 “14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.” Confess your sins, ask for forgiveness and accept Jesus into your life as your Lord and saviour and sin no more.
- Sanctification: Means to make holy, or conducive to spiritual blessing.
Are you holy? Is your life conducive for spiritual blessing? It is written “Follow peace with all men, and HOLINESS WITHOUT WHICH NO MAN SHALL SEE THE LORD”. (Heb 12:14)
iii. Spiritous: Be Holy Ghost lead or spirit filled. It takes a man or woman who has left flesh and carnality to relate with God. In John 4:24 Jesus said God is a spirit and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and truth.
- WHAT KINDS OF PRAYER MOVES MOUNTAINS?
- Name of Jesus prayer. The mountain moving prayers must be offered in the name of Jesus because it is written “Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” (Phil 2:9-11). In Acts 3:6-8 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk. And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength. And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.
Always pray in the name of Jesus and not in any dead, angel or persons name.
- Holy people prayer. It is written “Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.” (John 9:31). Please, don’t be deceived, prayer in the name of Jesus without holiness is shouting in vain. Remember the seven sons of Sceva who did that, they were destroyed by evil spirits. Please read Acts 19:13-17. Be sure you are saved and holy.
- Spirit lead prayer. It is written as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God (Rom 8:14). In Ezekiel 37:1-10, Prophet Ezekiel was led to pray concerning dry bones and he did and the dry bones became living beings. You can only move the mountain if you pray in line with God’s will. In 1John 5:14-15 it is written “And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.”
- Faith full prayer – Without faith it is impossible to receive our expectations in prayer. In Mark 11:22-23. “And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.”
- Powerful prayer (fervent prayer). The prayer you pray with all your body, soul and spirit moving and your voice raised unto heaven. Elijah demonstrated this twice in his ministry in 1Kings 18:38-46. “37 Hear me, O Lord, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the Lord God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again. 38 Then the fire of the Lord fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench. 42…And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees.” James 5:17-18 recorded the prayer in these verses “…he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.”
Our Lord Jesus Christ prayed, read this Luke 22:44 “And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly; and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground”. Your lazy body and lackadaisical prayer attitude and style cannot move mountains. Please change now. Jesus prayed sweat came out of his body.
- Persistent prayer: A prayer that is constant, consistent and continuous until answer comes. The man at the pool of Bethesda was there for thirty-eight years (38). The woman in Luke 18:1-7 According to Jesus had answer to prayers because she was persistent. Luke 18:3-5, 7
“And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man; Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me. Jesus said shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?” If you don’t give up in prayer, your battle will give up in the place of prayer.
- Anointed people prayers. There are some mountains your own effort and prayer cannot handle. You need the prayer of the anointed ministers. In Isaiah 10:27 it is written “And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the ANOINTING.” A certain man brought his son to the disciples of Jesus and they could not deliver him and Jesus rebuked the devil and he departed out of him and the child was cured from that very hour. (Mtt 17:14-18)
- Prayer offered with fasting. As a follow-up to anointing, Jesus said “Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.” (Mtt 17:21) Prayer that moves mountain at times needs fasting. The Bible recommended prayer and fasting. It is a great weapon to move your mountains. Let there be prayer rain for miracle rain.