BE RAPTURE READY
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. 1 John 3:2-3
Rapture is solely a christian belief, it means the second coming of Jesus Christ to earth, believers who have died will be raised and believers who are still alive and remain shall be caught up together with them (the resurrected dead believers) in the clouds to meet with Jesus Christ. (I Thes 4:13-17).
The word rapture does not occur in the Bible. The term comes from a latin word meaning “a carrying off, a transport or a snatching away”.
The belief in rapture makes christianity a way of life and not a religion. The topic before us is Be Rapture Ready: what does it require?
To be rapture ready you must be practicing the following Christ ethics:
- PURITY: This means holy without any contamination. In the 1John3:3, it is written “And every man that hath this hope (rapture) in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.” You cannot be too holy but you can be unrighteous. Those that will be raptured are those described in Eph 5:27 “That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.”
This captures the church/christians that Jesus Christ at rapture will take away; the pure; without spot, wrinkle, blemish and any such thing that is called sin. Please, don’t be deceived without holiness, purity no man shall see the Lord. It is not enough to be born again – salvation only puts you on the track to run the race of heaven only PURITY/HOLINESS will guarantee your admission into heaven through the rapture. Have you read Heb. 12:14 “…without holiness no man shall see the Lord”. Purity means holiness which means God’s kind of character. To be holy is to stop sin totally and become totally a child of God in the secret and in the open. Purity makes you rapture ready.
- PREACHING: This is public declaration of whom Jesus is to the world of sin that they may become children of God. If you refuse to preach the gospel two things will be the consequences: (1) the delay of the rapture (2) the likelihood of missing heaven for disobeying the commandment to preach the gospel. Brethren, to be rapture ready is to continue to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ daily and this will hasten his coming and our eligibility at his coming. In Matthew 24:12-14, it is written “But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.” When last did you win a soul? When last did you preach the gospel to a soul? When last did you bring a person to the church or to Jesus? If we fail to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ, the devil’s disciples will win the world and we shall be most affected. The last commandment is “go and preach the gospel to all creations” Disobedience to this great commission is a sin. Repent now and start preaching (Mark 16:15).
- PRAYING: Our prayer must be in threefold, to be rapture ready, firstly, for ourselves to make us ready, steady and worthy for rapture, secondly to pray for others to be turned, won and saved by Jesus Christ; thirdly, to pray that Jesus should come now and take us to himself as he promised in John 14:1-2 “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.” We saw two people in the Bible who did the same. In Luke 2:25-26, 36-38 “And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him. And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord’s Christ; And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity; And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day. And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem.” At this time the duo prayed for the birth and coming of the messiah and God granted them answer to their prayers. You must start praying consciously for yourself, the people and rapture to come now, or else you might miss it. When did you pray last for rapture? Are you not among those who pray only for the present world blessings – wife, husband, children, cars, money, houses etc. Have you forgotten the Bible that “Naked came I out of my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return thither; the Lord gave and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD” (Job 1:21).
- PREOCCUPYING: This word means to absorb or engross to the exclusion of other things. If something is PREOCCUPYING you, you are thinking about it a lot. To be rapture ready, we must be preoccupied with the thought and all it takes to make it. In Matt 6:21 Jesus said “where your treasure is, there will your heart be also”. Luke 19:13 Jesus said to them, “…Occupy till I come”. What are you preoccupied with. To be rapture ready you must be preoccupied with these: God’s service, daily bible studying and doing, daily prayer, daily evangelism, daily spiritual checkup, daily thought and preparation for heaven and daily expectation of his SECOND coming. Amos 4:17 “…prepare to meet thy God, O Israel.” What shall it profit a man if he gained all the things of this world and lose his soul? Note ALL things here are vanity. “But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all other things shall be added unto you” (Matt 6:33).
- PATIENCE: Is the quality to be patient. Patient means physically able to suffer or bear. To be rapture ready you must bear or endure all afflictions, also in times of trouble or problem stay with God, the only one who has total godly solution and don’t run to herbalist and false prophets and seek satanic ungodly help. Hear the godly counsel in Heb 12:1-2 “Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.” That afflicting situation you see now you will see no more. Just be patient and hold on to God. You will sing a new song of joy at last.
CONCLUSION: All the signs for Jesus second coming are seen all over the world; wars, fake prophets, fake miracles, worldliness, technology, lukewarmness, global network etc. Therefore, be rapture ready. By His grace and mercy, we shall make it. Amen.